STATUS UPDATE: PB Cosmetology Education Centre Closed
Monday, March 16 to Friday, May 15.
Student safety is our top priority, during the closure our admissions and financial aid staff will still be available. Please feel free to call the school should you need assistance. We plan to reopen MONDAY, MAY 18, 2020. For more information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation CLICK HERE.
Nail Design Program
Learn new skills or improve your existing skills in our nail design programs. Learn from PB Beauty's teachers as well as from guest speakers. Apply your new skills in our student salon.
The Nail Program consists of 300 hours of instructional units and clinical practice. The subject matter consists of:
- State Laws, rules, and regulations for cosmetology and hairstyling and administrative shop operations
- Professional image, hygiene, and related practices
- Decontamination and infection control
- Manicuring and pedicuring
- Diseases and disorders of the nail
- Anatomy of the hand, arm, foot, and leg
- Nail tips and extensions
- Nail wraps
- Nail gels
- Sculptured nails
- Nail art
- The skin and its diseases
- Removal of unwanted hair
- First aid
- Chemicals and chemistry relating to products
Fill out our Free Application.
Apply today! Take the first step toward the career of your dreams and fill out our free application. Someone from our Admissions Office will review your application and schedule a one-on-one campus tour.
Students enrolled in the Nail Program spend the first 150 hours training in both theory and practical subjects in the classroom. During the second half of the course, students transition to work on the floor of our Nail Studio. PB Cosmetology Education Centre opens the Nail Studio to the public and students perform nail services under the supervision of licensed New Jersey nail design educators.
PB Cosmetology Education Centre issues its students a comprehensive nail kit and textbook package. The kit consists of files and implements, adhesives, acrylic application, nail polish, gel color starter kit, a cold wax kit, and a 36 watt UV light. The kit is packed in a durable carrying case that holds everything securely in place.
Our Nail Program is enhanced with the addition of field trips and guest artists. We encourage students to attend the International Beauty Show in New York City each year. PB Cosmetology Education Centre also plans trips to beauty supply stores and nail salons. Guests artists perform demonstrations on nail art, speed waxing, and facial threading (hair removal).
Students train in building and maintaining professional relationships, networking, client rapport, and job search strategies. PB Cosmetology Education Centre offers job placement services to all of its graduates. We encourage students to build a portfolio and resume.
- Our instructors educate our students on the finer points of matching the correct professional styling products to their clients and the benefits of doing so. Job placement services are available to all students upon graduation and all students create a portfolio and resume as a showcase of their practical expertise.
Nail Design Program Student Kit
○ Pivot Point textbook set
○ UV Light
○ Assortment of nail tips
○ Assortment of nail files
○ Carbon Mask
○ Glass dappen dishes
○ Professional Your New School Nail Deluxe kit complete with pink and white powers, odorless liquid, nail wrap resin, cuticle oil, brush cleaner, manicure bowl, foot file, quick dry, base coat, top coat, gel brush, and carry case.
○ Practice hand