STATUS UPDATE: PB Cosmetology Education Centre is open for currently attending students and by appointment for prospective students and graduates only. The Student Salon is now open to the public by appointment only. Please call (856) 456-4927 to make an appointment. Cosmetology Full and Part-Time class enrollment is now open for November Cosmetology. Students can contact admissions at (856) 739-4088 for additional information.
To view our Reopen Plan CLICK HERE.
Go hands on into your new career in our barber program. Practice on training mannequins, expand your skills in our student salon, and take field trips to barber shops and expos.
The Barbering Course consists of 900 hours of instructional units and clinical practice. The subject matter consists of:
- State laws, rules, and regulations for cosmetology and hairstyling administrative shop operations
- History of hair and barbering
- Professional image, hygiene, and related practices
- Decontamination and infection control
- Shampooing and scalp care
- Honing and stropping
- Men’s hair cutting styling
- Beard and mustache trimming
- Women’s hair cutting and styling
- Facials and facial massage
- Anatomy of head, neck, and face
- Common disorders of the skin, scalp, and hair
- Men’s hairpiece services
- Chemistry and chemistry-related services, straightening and permanent waving
- Hair color and lightning
Fill out our Free Application.
Apply today! Take the first step toward the career of your dreams and fill out our free application. Someone from our Admissions Office will review your application and schedule a one-on-one campus tour.
Students in the Barbering Program spend the first 450 hours learning theory and practical assignments on mannequins and models. As the students progress in knowledge and skill, they transition for the last 450 hours to the Student Salon, where they work on members of the public under the supervision of licensed New Jersey educators. PB Cosmetology Education Centre issues a comprehensive kit and textbook package to all students.
We incorporate guest artists, projects, and field trips into the program. Students will visit barbershops locally and also will travel to the International Beauty Show in New York City. Guest artists give lectures and special demonstrations on live models.
Students will visit local barbershops and have an opportunity to attend Barber Expos and the International Beauty Show in NYC. Students also complete a project on infection control.
- Our school offers advanced classes in clipper cutting techniques and fading. This hands-on workshop teaches fine-tune fading, blending, and tapering skills. All advanced classes have a separate tuition price and can be taken as a student or a graduate. Job placement services are available to all students upon graduation and all students create a portfolio and resume as a showcase of their practical expertise.
Barbering Program Student Kit
○ Pivot Point 13 book library set
○ 8 Manikins (includes 3 female, 5 male)
○ Manikin stand
○ Shark Fin Shear set
○ Whal clipper/ trimmer set
○ Assortment of different styling brushes, combs, and clips
○ Rolling carry case with deluxe professional carry caddie
○ Coloring brushes, bowls, applicator bottle
○ Spray bottle
○ Shaving razor
○ Replacement blades
○ Flat top comb
○ Flat iron
○ Blow dryer