1200 hours | Schedule options
Find a new career in cosmetology with PB Cosmetology Centre's industry leading education. Learn theory from professionals, and apply it in our student salon while you build your portfolio.
Request More Information
Take the first step toward the career of your dreams and fill out our
online application. Our Admissions Office will contact you with
upcoming start dates, schedule options, and tour information.
- State laws, rules, and regulations for cosmetology and hairstyling and administrative shop operations
- Decontamination and infection control
- Professional image, hygiene, and related practices
- History of barbering
- Beard and mustache trimming
- Facials and massage, skin care, make-up, depilatory, eyebrow arching
- Shampooing including temporary and semi-permanent rinses
- Hair and scalp treatment, reconditioning treatments
- Hair and basic layer and clipper cut, razor, scissors, thinning shears, tapering
- Hairstyling including pin curls, finger waves, and air forming
- Hair tinting and highlighting including frosting and tipping
- Permanent waving
- Chemical relaxing and pressing
- Thermal curling and waving
- Manicure and pedicure
- Chemistry related to cosmetology
Students spend the first 600 hours (junior phase) in a classroom setting learning theory and practical instruction on a mannequin. For practical testing, students are invited to bring models to class for hair cutting and hair coloring. Students transition to the student salon for the second set of 600 hours (senior phase) where they are permitted to work on the general public under the supervision of licensed New Jersey educators.
The senior phase of the training also includes special preparation to pass the NJ State Board Licensing Exam and job search techniques including building an online portfolio.
Job placement services are available to all students upon graduation and all students create a portfolio and resume as a showcase of their practical expertise. Occupations include Hairstylists, Barbers, Nail Technicians, Makeup Artists, Product Representatives, Salon Managers, and Salon Owners.