Skin Care Program
Learn skin care from industry leading professionals. Learn theory and technique from our teachers and on field trips to a variety of locations to gain knowledge and skills.
The curriculum for the 600-hour Skin Care Specialty Course consists of instructional units and clinical practice. The subject matter outline consists of:
- State laws, rules, and regulations for cosmetology and hairstyling and administrative shop operations.
- Professional image, hygiene, and related practices
- Decontamination and infection control
- Anatomy, physiology, and nutrition
- Structure and functions of the skin
- Superfluous hair
- Chemistry related to skin care
- Electricity and machines
- Facial and body procedures
- Makeup techniques and corrective makeup (post-surgical)
- Makeup pre-service
- The professional everyday makeup application
- Basic bridal makeup
- Basic makeup for teenagers
- Prom makeup
- Makeup for stage 3 aging skin: daytime look
- Makeup application for burn survivors
- Camouflaging tattoos
- Airbrush makeup
- Face and body painting
- Theatrical makeup
Fill out our Application.
Apply today! Take the first step toward the career of your dreams and fill out our application. Someone from our Admissions Office will review your application and schedule a one-on-one campus tour.
We enhance the skin care specialty course with field trips to the International Dermal Institute where professional aestheticians perform demonstrations and give lectures utilizing Dermalogica products. A wellness trip is organized to discuss the mind/body connection and the benefits of healthy eating and exercise. Students travel to makeup counters at Sephora, Lush, Bare Minerals, and Nordstrom where they learn product knowledge and discuss price points. Students also travel to a medical spa to learn about career opportunities in that avenue of the industry. Students are invited to attend the International Beauty Show as well as The Makeup Show in NYC.
- PB Cosmetology Education Centre boasts a full-service spa that is open to the public. Skin care specialty students train under the supervision of licensed New Jersey Skin Care Educators and use Dermalogica skin care products and Ofra Cosmetics, which are also available for sale. Job placement services are available to all students upon graduation and all students create a portfolio and resume as a showcase of their practical expertise.
Skin Care Program Student Kit
○ Pivot Point text book set
○ Temptu Professional Airbrush makeup Deluxe kit
○ Artificial Lashes with adhesive
○ Head wrap and body wrap
○ Assortment of disposable brushes and makeup applicators
○ 2 sizes of eyelash curlers
○ Makeup palette and spatula set
○ Kryolan body painting and special effects kits
○ Makeup Eraser
○ Ofra professional makeup tool box complete with foundations, eye shadows, lip colors, liners, brush cleaner, and brushes
○ Dermalogica complete professional kit with over 15 skin care products
○ Deluxe rolling carry case